Parents want kids back in school five days a week, but they need it to be safe. We all knew the Omicron Wave was coming, but instead of preparing safe schools, Doug Ford sacrificed our kids’ in-school education. Again.
Another school shutdown is a massive blow to kids’ wellbeing.
This is what we're fighting for:
- Free rapid tests for staff and students
- Urgent boosters for teachers and education workers
- Mandatory vaccination for all teachers and education workers
- In-school vaccine clinics for kids with parent permission, and adding the COVID vaccine to the student immunizations list
- Smaller class sizes
- Improved ventilation in all schools with regular testing and HEPA filters
- Free N95 masks
- Support for teachers and staff to help address critical learning gaps
- More mental health supports in schools
Add your name to urge Doug Ford and Stephen Lecce to take actions right now to get schools ready to open safely.