In Ontario today, one in three long-term care homes are in outbreak. We need to take action to protect seniors now.
- Recall the legislature: Immediately bring MPPs back to Queen's Park to take action.
- Increase vaccinations: Ramp up vaccination rates across Ontario, starting with care homes.
- Bring back the military: Allow the military to support frontline workers and keep seniors safe.
- Call in the Red Cross: Use available Federal funding to deploy the Red Cross to homes in crisis.
In October of last year, the Ontario released a comprehensive plan for new, public and non-profit home care and long-term care system. It's clear that we need a new system where every dollar foes to directly to resident care – not corporate profits.
With your help, our plan will:
- Overhaul home care to help people live at home longer
- Make all long-term care public and not-for-profit
- Build small, modern, family-like homes in all parts of the province
- Staff up with full-time, well-paid, well-trained caregivers
- Making family caregivers partners, not just visitors
- Create affirming care that is culturally responsive and inclusive
- Clear the waitlist so nobody has to wait years for a bed, and even longer for a culturally appropriate home.
- Guarantee new and stronger protections, including comprehensive inspections and a Seniors’ Advocate
- Read the full plan here
Support our action plan for protecting seniors by adding your name today.