The reality of climate change is already here. Ontarians need to know that our children and grandchildren will be able to enjoy the clean air, drinking water, and beautiful natural spaces of previous generations. All Ontarians deserve a prosperous, healthy future.
The Del Duca Liberals failed to take action to lower emissions and protect Ontarians from the consequences of the climate crisis, while Doug Ford has attacked Ontario’s wetlands, floodplains, and green spaces as favours to his developer buddies.
The Ontario NDP has a bold and practical plan to address the urgency of the climate crisis while at the same time revitalizing our economy, protecting workers, and creating millions of good, well-paying jobs for Ontarians.
Bhutila and the NDP are committed to:
- Making Ontario net-zero by 2050, starting by cutting emissions at least 50 per cent by 2030 and making all public buildings net zero by 2030
- Launching the world’s most ambitious building retrofit program, creating 100,000 well-paying jobs that you can raise a family on. In total, we’ll create a million jobs over the life of the plan.
- Adding billions of dollars to Ontario's economy
- Embarking on the largest building retrofit program in the world
- Providing homeowners with rebates and interest free loans for renovations to move towards net-zero emissions homes
- Delivering a job-training guarantee